This is the first in a series of recipes for small spaces. These recipes will feature the use of few kitchen tools, pots, and pans. Especially considered will be the occupation of space by ingredients. Also, aesthetics will factor in the recipes.
If you have a recipe that fits with the scheme of cooking in small spaces, please feel free to let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chicken, Vegetables, and Cheese in a Crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Take a bag of frozen stir-fry or your favorite mixed vegetables, from 12 oz to 1 lb and saute them in a small amount of oil.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic, onion, a little paprika, and oregano.
- Cook them until they are still a little crisp and then pour them into a deep dish pie crust.
- Add from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cups pulled or shredded chicken. You can use a large can of chicken. (You can make this crustless in a casserole dish.)
- Cover with a generous amount of your favorite cheese (2 cups shredded), and as an option, sliced black olives.
- Cook at 325 degrees until the crust and edges are a nice brown. Serve while hot.
If you want side dishes, try hash browns or rice. This is simple, veggies, chicken, and cheese in a crust. Delicious!
You can also use sausage instead of chicken or sausage and chicken.